Milhouse & Neal offers select new graduates a unique opportunity to work in a challenging technical environment that provides exposure to a diverse private client base in a variety of industries and stages of development. Unlike many large national firms with separate audit and tax departments, M&N will not niche you into a particular practice area. We will allow you the opportunity to extend your accounting skills while becoming familiar with both practice areas while learning from some of the best professionals in the industry.
Many graduates start their careers at Milhouse & Neal after participating in one of our paid internship programs. Our internship program aims to recruit, retain and develop high performing talent. Our interns are assigned a mentor from our professional staff who oversees their efforts as they participate in the preparation and execution of client work. While working in a team environment, they are engaged in meaningful work, and are provided the tools necessary to succeed.
Our goal is to provide the intern with broad exposure to public accounting and afford them an opportunity to apply what has been learned through coursework and support them in their professional development. This learning process allows students an opportunity to work in a professional environment that mirrors what a full-time professional would encounter.
Our intern process typically begins with recruiting in early Fall and positions are typically filled by December. The paid internship will run the course of tax season from January thru May. We offer flexible work schedules during your internship that allow you to focus on your academic studies. Transcripts will be required for consideration. If you are interested in one of our internships, please send a resume, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Milhouse & Neal, LLP is a rapidly growing CPA and business consulting firm in the Westport area and we have an immediate opportunity available for a recent graduate or an accountant with up to 5 years of accounting experience. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and understand an employee’s need for a balance of personal and professional life. Our firm encourages employee development and has numerous advancement opportunities.
Our culture at Milhouse & Neal is inspiring and collaborative – driven by smart, business professionals focused on growing our clients’ business. We view every client relationship like a partnership and take a personal interest in our clients’ businesses.
The ideal candidate for this position should be detail oriented and have a strong foundation of tax and accounting principles.
- Preparation of Individual, Corporate, Partnership, and S-Corporation Returns and related workpapers
- Assist in the preparation of client financial statements
- Assist with agreed upon procedures engagements
- Preparation of tax projections and tax consulting projects
- Consult with clients on proper application of accounting principles
- Recent Graduate or Staff to Senior level Accountant with up to 5 years of accounting experience
- B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting or other related field
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Working knowledge of CCH ProSystem fx Engagement a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritize workflow without supervision and perform work accurately under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks such as how to restore a backup, access various financial reports, and how to fix issues with client books is a plus.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a key role within our organization. We offer excellent working conditions, and competitive salary and comprehensive benefits based on experience.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume and salary requirements, in strictest confidence to email@example.com