Experienced professionals with several years in a large firm environment often face “industry burnout” – a factor which leads many skilled individuals to opt out of public accounting. At Milhouse & Neal, we do not think this is necessary. In fact, we view the experience gained from other firms and in other professional environments as highly valuable and have created a firm that we believe allows each member of the team to feel worthwhile and respected. Our team members know from first-hand experience that a career in public accounting can be very rewarding if it is built in the right environment.
Along with flexible work schedules, we offer highly competitive salaries and benefits and a company culture that puts people ahead of profits. If you are interested in a career with Milhouse & Neal, please send a resume, cover letter and references to: email@example.com
Milhouse & Neal, LLP is a rapidly growing CPA and business consulting firm in the Westport area and we have an immediate opportunity available for a recent graduate or an accountant with up to 5 years of accounting experience. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and understand an employee’s need for a balance of personal and professional life. Our firm encourages employee development and has numerous advancement opportunities.
Our culture at Milhouse & Neal is inspiring and collaborative – driven by smart, business professionals focused on growing our clients’ business. We view every client relationship like a partnership and take a personal interest in our clients’ businesses.
The ideal candidate for this position should be detail oriented and have a strong foundation of tax and accounting principles.
- Preparation of Individual, Corporate, Partnership, and S-Corporation Returns and related workpapers
- Assist in the preparation of client financial statements
- Assist with agreed upon procedures engagements
- Preparation of tax projections and tax consulting projects
- Consult with clients on proper application of accounting principles
- Recent Graduate or Staff to Senior level Accountant with up to 5 years of accounting experience
- B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting or other related field
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Working knowledge of CCH ProSystem fx Engagement a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritize workflow without supervision and perform work accurately under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks such as how to restore a backup, access various financial reports, and how to fix issues with client books is a plus.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a key role within our organization. We offer excellent working conditions, and competitive salary and comprehensive benefits based on experience.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume and salary requirements, in strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org